Where is the centre?
The centre is located at the northern end of Lamlash Bay on the Isle of Arran, which lies off the west coast of Scotland.
How to contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01770 600 532
- Post: Arran Outdoor Education Centre, Lamlash, Isle Of Arran, KA27 8PL
How to get to the centre
Whether you travel by car or rail, you will need to catch the ferry from Ardrossan or Clonaig.
From Glasgow, M8 Motorway:
- Soon after Glasgow Airport, take the left lane for Irvine.
- Follow the A737 (Johnstone bypass) towards Johnstone/Kilbarchan.
- After passing Kilbarchan (A737), follow signs for Beith.
- Drive past Beith and continue on the A737 road to Dalry.
- Drive through Dalry town centre.
- Follow clearly marked signs for the B780 to Ardrossan.
Buy tickets at the booth as you approach the dock. You should arrive at least half an hour before the ferry leaves.
From Kintyre: From Tarbet or Campbeltown, sail from Clonaig. It’s not possible to book ahead, so arrive early to avoid disappointment.
The Clonaig ferry takes up to 15 vehicles, but in summer it can be full and you may have to wait.
Catch the train from Central Station, Glasgow to Ardrossan Harbour.
You can reserve car ferry tickets online via Caledonian-MacBrayne, or call:
- Caledonian-MacBrayne Gourock: 01475-650000
- Caledonian-MacBrayne Brodick: 01770-302166