Our primary school programme at Arran Outdoor Education Centre is designed for P7 children who are about to make the transition to secondary school.
Watch our videos to find out about our programme of events for:
The focus of the programme is developing a child’s personal and social development through outdoor learning.
We design our courses to allow children to experience many different outdoor activities. This enables them to make considered choices on whether or not to further progress these activities. Activities encourage team work and communication skills in a safe environment.
Our daytime activities are supported by an evening programme which includes teamwork and reflection. This encourages children to:
- reflect on their own performance
- take forward their own personal and social development
All of our P7 courses:
- encompass the Discover aspect of the John Muir Award
- meet various aspects within the Curriculum for Excellence model
Courses are generally run over a five day, four night period. This includes:
- three full days
- a half day on the Monday (arrivals) and Friday (departures)
Due to the nature of the course, we maintain the following instructor/participant ratios for groups:
- 1:12 for land based activities (excluding mountain bike which is lowered to 1:8)
- 1:6 for water based activities
This allows participants to engage in all aspects of the activities.
You can access further information below:
We also have resources available to print and complete ahead of your trip: