Arran Outdoor Education Centre gathers and processes information about you:
- so that services can be delivered effectively and efficiently
- to manage the employment relationship with our employees
Your privacy is important to us.
All employees who have access to your personal data, or are associated with the handling of that data, are obliged to comply with the Data Protection Act.
The following privacy statement details how we will look after your information.
What is personal data?
This is information about a living person that means we can work out who they are, such as:
- telephone number
- date of birth
- bank details
This can include:
- written letters
- audio recordings
- video recordings
Some data is called special category which is more sensitive, and we have to look after it more carefully. This includes details of:
- ethnic origin
- religious beliefs
- sexual orientation
- trade union membership
- health data
- biometric (e.g. fingerprints, facial recognition and genetic data, such as DNA)
Why we collect, store and use data
We have a lawful basis for the gathering and processing of information:
- where necessary for the delivery of services
- to ensure that we undertake our statutory functions and public task, when required to do so by law
- to safeguard public safety
- where there is a risk of harm or in emergency situations
Where we need your consent we will ask for it.
For some services, we need to use your personal data to get in touch with you and deliver services. We use your data to:
- provide services and anything we must do by law
- listen to your ideas about our services
- tell you about our services
Requesting personal information
When we ask you for information we will:
- make sure you know why we need it and ask for only what is needed
- protect your personal information and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- take proportionate steps to prevent the loss, misuse or alternation of your personal information
- inform you if we share it with any other organisations unless the law allows us to share it without consent
- ensure we do not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary
- not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
If personal data is subject to an automatic decision making process (by a computer), we will inform you of this in our individual service privacy notices.
Providing personal information
It is expected when providing personal information that you:
- provide us with accurate information
- inform us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information
This will ensure that your personal information is reliable, accurate and up to date.
Sharing your information
We may share your data with other services so that:
- our information about you is up to date
- we can improve our services to you
We may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some activities on our behalf.
Where this happens, we will ensure adequate protection by ensuring contracts and sharing agreements are in place that define the security controls around the sharing of the information.
We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer.
We may share information provided to us with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.
More information can be found on the North Ayrshire Council website.
Where we provide links to external websites, we are not responsible for the content of those external sites. You should read their privacy notices to learn how they deal with your information.
Your information rights
You can find out more about your information rights on the North Ayrshire Council website.
If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data, by the council, you may contact North Ayrshire Council’s Data Protection Officer. Email email@example.com or write to Data Protection Officer, North Ayrshire Council, Cunninghame House, Irvine, KA12 8EE.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing, visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This notice was last updated on the 11 October 2019.